Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Deadly Premonition - First 60 Minutes

Random Thoughts



Very long but surprisingly cool opening CS. (Should I count it for the F60M?)

Tom and Jerry in an Sado-Masochism relationship? Ok I love the writing to this game so far. XD

.....did those.... did those chipmunks|squirrels|whatevers just screech like monkeys?

.... is he swallowing smoke!?

Where the hell is the light coming from... it says flash light.... looks like he is holding it in his mouth.... or has he magic glowing nipples?

The hell is wrong with this camera?

Oh look it's the creepy woman from the screen shot.... the exact same screen shot. Is she trying to rip out my tongue?

.... seriously, the camera controls suck.

why is their blood purple.... wait a minute {Goes into options screen to check blood option} yep ok.... lets turn it OFF I guess and.... Green? ok back to purple.....

"Don't Kiiiiiiiiiiiiiil MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!"

"Amazing."

".... Don't want to diiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiie!"

"Don't Kiiiiiiiiiiiiiil MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!"

"Amazing."

".... Don't want to diiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiie!"

"Don't Kiiiiiiiiiiiiiil MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!"

"Amazing."

".... Don't want to diiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiie!"

Yeah combat isn't getting old...... :/

Most horrifying thing about this game so far is the camera controls....

Oh good! Quick time events with catastrophic failure. ^^ My favorite.......

{runs through area again}

Oh good! Quick time events with changing button layout and catastrophic failure. ^^ My favorite.......

{runs through area AGAIN}

Is that a cookie or a muffin I just got for my first achievement?

Retrospect



Well, I said back in my looking forward that this game had to prove otherwise on my Survival Horror Sandbox theory.... It did. There is neither survival (Infinite Handgun ammo? Lulz) nor horror in this game. Unless you count constant, repetitive, badly dubbed, low tempo moaning as frighting. The camera controls are terrifyingly bad though.

However, right after the combat, I got right into the sandbox portion. And after playing the game proper for a little bit the investigation part seems rather interesting. I'll get back with a full review in a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment